Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

So this post is a day late, but yesterday I was feeling rather lethargic so I figured a day late is better than not at all(:  I decided it was time to just embrace my nail polish addiction and stop hiding it from the world. Today I have my most recent nail polish haul from Ulta to share with y'all(:  Pretty much every single one I got was on clearance, minus three of the new sized Essence's, although those are so cheap they might as well be on sale too.  Hunting through clearance sections for nail polishes is actually my favorite way to find them, because that usually means they're the ones discontinued so not only is it a last chance to get something that you won't be able to get anymore in a few months, it also means you spend less money, which means you can get more(; Nothing fancy, just some terrible pictures and some rambles from me.  Sorry for the quality of pictures, I got tired of taking them and then I think I resized them too small but that's ok.  Anyway, here is a picture of all the pretties together:



Left to Right : China Glaze Electric Beat, Layla CE 54 (Green Galaxy?), Zoya Tracie, Essence Disco Disco, Essence Gorgeous Bling Bling, Essence Walk on the Wild Side, Essence Cotton Candy, Essence Cafe Ole, Essence Absolutely Blue, Essence Time For Romance
Click for more under the cut
The first polish I want to show off is from an Italian brand called Layla, which I have been dying to try forever, although I admit I'm more interested in their holo line, which I hear is currently on sale at Ulta so(;  I absolutely love glitter polish, and when I saw that this was on sale I think I almost started crying I was so excited.

Next I have another green, this one from Zoya.  I have a couple other polishes from this brand and I have been desperate to try more because they have such a fabulous collection of colors and finishes.  Green happens to be one of my top three favorite colors, so I knew I had to try this when I saw it. There's a subtle shimmer in this one that I'm excited to try and capture in a picture on the nail hopefully sometime soon.

A China Glaze is the next one I have to show, I believe this one was from their Electro Pop collection released in the beginning of last year.  I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.  This shade of blue just called to me, so that's how it ended up in my Ulta shopping bag.  China Glaze is a brand I have a love/hate relationship with.  Some of their collections I feel the need to have every single shade (hello Hunger Games) and some just don't appeal to me at all.  However, their OMG collection (a previously released holo collection!!) is a collection I am after, so if you ever see any think of me(; I have none from that and I want them all.

Next I have Essence.  This is one of my absolute favorite brands of polishes.  For one, they are INSANELY cheap, which has a lot to do with their small size.  Plus, I love the colors and haven't had any formula issues with them.  Plus notice they're called colour and go, which means they do dry fairly quickly, although not instantly like you may be lead to believe   I kick myself constantly for not getting into nail polish until after I moved from Germany, because apparently this brand is EVERYWHERE there, meaning they get all the collections and whatnot, all the special limited editions and cool toppers, where as here in the States, I have to get by with whatever Ulta gets.  I almost died when I saw the nail art special effect topper at the Ulta here, because I have only ever seen these online.  I literally couldn't contain my excitement I'm surprised I didn't faint from pure excitement plus being exhausted from spending a few days trying to prove I was ok.  I didn't hesitate to pick it up at all.  Also, the bottles on the right are the new bottles of Essence polish.  They switched them a few months ago to the size/shape you see now, which meant that the price went up for a bigger bottle, but only slightly.

And finally, these are my prized possessions from this haul.  As you can see, they are the same essence colour and go brand, although they are in the old bottles, which is why I was so excited to see them.  I know the stickers say new, but don't let that fool you.  These are the older, smaller bottles which are no longer being made as far as I am aware.  The fact that the Ulta even had these made my day, plus the fact that they only cost .50 now that they are trying to get rid of them made the trip worth it.  The one on the very right, Time for Romance, is one I never thought I'd get my hands on.  And the nude glam ones are prizes for me too, even though I wasn't into nude/sheer polishes until a few months ago.  I actually hated them but then I tried something from OPI's soft shades collection from last year and fell in love.

So anyway, this is just a tad excitement that I feel from nail polish.  I know it makes me totally crazy!  But I love it and I decided I just needed to share it with the world.  Also I hope to have my collection spreadsheet totally updated by the end of tonight, and there is indeed a tab on my blog to my spreadsheet.  Surely I am not the only one out there obsessed with something other people don't really understand?(:  I have to go to school for an orientation for my online class, and I think I have my dad convinced to stop at Ulta again quickly so I can see if I can find any Layla Holo's on sale(;

Also as one last note, check out the huge book I lugged with me to the doctor yesterday:
It's for my fashion history class, and it reminds me a lot of my high school AP Art History book.  As in it is so huge and heavy you could probably kill someone with it.  I actually brought my backpack with me to the doctor's just so I could carry it, and I could definitely feel it pulling me down.  But that's the price of knowledge, I guess! Anyway, hope y'all have a great day!  I think tomorrow I'm going to post a fashion find from last week that I am absolutely in love with. Feel free to let me know how crazy you think I am because of my polish obsession (even though really you ain't seen nothing yet)

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, have a problem. A beautiful beautiful problem, and I really want that first polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks, I know! That first polish is currently on clearance at Ulta!(:

    ReplyDelete