Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm bald!

So I have completely slacked on these "daily" blog posts lately, and I don't even have a real excuse other than I've just been too lazy to write.  I've not been particularly busy or anything, the only thing besides school that I have to do every day is walk around.  Here's to hoping that my strength will build back up, because having lazy days because you have no energy is actually not as fun as I used to think it would be!  Anyway, I decided it was finally time to share some photos of my new hair.



Before this whole mess started, I knew I needed a hair cut.  My hair was past my hips and at the very least needed a trim.  I figured I was going to get it cut when my dad came for a visit to help me move to a new apartment (which should have happened today in case anyone was wondering).  The last time I had short hair was in 8th grade, and that was because I had gotten lice.  The year before my mother had made me get a really short haircut because she said I didn't take care of my hair, which she of course was right about.  But other than those two times, I've never had hair shorter than shoulder length.  I've never liked how short hair looked on me, was completely fine with having long hair.

Well, having surgery on your head doesn't really give you much of an option other than buzz cut.  I went into the surgery room with super long hair, woke up with no hair.  Except I didn't actually realize it for hours and hours.  For some reason, I was convinced they had only shaved the part where they had to do the surgery, and I was telling everyone that came to see me that I was gonna rock that hair style where one side of my head is shaved and the other is long.  You can imagine my distress (I'm sure some of it was still the drugs) when I ran my hand over my head about 10 pm and realized all my hair was gone.  I immediately called my parents, distressed.  Needless to say, I do have a wing which I have worn, but I'm starting to get used to the short hair, even though I still despise it.  I have convinced myself to just wait it out until my hair is Anne Hathaway length and I will be ok.  Change is good.

Anyway, here are a few pictures showing off my scar (which looks a lot better than it did right after the surgery!) Also, my hair has grown a bit since it got shaved, so I am grateful for the little things in life like fast growing hair(: I know it's not the most glamorous/fashionable look, but I guess it's what I have to work with for now):  Plus side, I don't have to worry about styling it for a bit(:




1 comment:

  1. You are still a very beautiful girl enven with the short, short, cut......It makes your eyes look gorgeous.... You will be surprised at how fast it will grow and you can have fun with lots of different hair styles....

    ReplyDelete